10 Powerful Reasons to Invest in Team Building This Year
Team building can be a very powerful tool. Shift your focus and discover 10 reasons why you should invest in an incentive program that will embrace your team’s needs, increase their motivation and enhance their performance, producing great results for your company.
1. To enhance Team Spirit
2. To address specific team issues
3. To reinforce company valuesA fundamental aspect of staff loyalty to a company is their connection to the organisations’ values. They should be present in everything that the staff do, and an incentive travel program is an excellent way to reiterate those values and keep them present in your teams’ heads and hearts. Make sure to plan a team building activity with a theme that relates to your organisational culture, as this can be incredibly important to keep your staff focussed and committed all year round.
4. To boost interactionFor your team to work effectively together, it is imperative that they trust each other. A team building activity involving travelling is a great way to develop this aspect. The fact that the teams get the chance to interact and get to know each other better, outside of their usual working environment, is an important part of trust development, which is directly linked to cooperative teamwork and problem-solving.
5. To increase motivation
6. To improve team communication
7. To stimulate creative thinking
8. To develop confidence and autonomy
By developing a team building program, the organisation is recognising the need to invest in the teams’ needs, a great way to make the team feel valued and appreciated for their hard work. When a team feels valued, they tend to work harder and are more productive. An incentive trip is a great way to praise your team and make them feel like an important part of your organisation.
9. To praise a team for their efforts
10. To invest in your team’s professional development
By developing a team building program with the objective of creating a basis for effective teamwork, you are ultimately investing in your teams’ professional development, which can improve certain aspects of team behaviour, leading to better results for your company.
Portugal is an excellent country to develop an incentive travel program as it offers great value for money, it has beautiful landscapes, good year-round weather and secular traditions that will make each activity that bit more special.
If you are curious about how you could increase the effectiveness of your team, contact us to find out more and receive a program that fits your organisation´s needs and expectations.